Alicia's Blog

Hi! My Name is Alicia and this blog is for my English 1100 class at Western Michigan University.

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The Tempest

After reading "The Tempest" and listening to it on the iTunes download, the pictures have completely changed the way I imagined the characters in the play. Personally, I enjoy reading books before watching the movie because seeing characters in your imagination is much more fun than someone showing you what the character looks like. Reading a description, and even listening to one like Rachel and I did for "The Tempest" makes it a mystery without photos. One of the pictures on the Emory site of Caliban looked like an ape. After listening to his voice on the download, I definitely would not think that he was an ape-looking person. The pictures for Ariel on the Emory site are each different, and they do not look at all like what I would have pictured after hearing her sing on the audio version of the play. Some of the pictures from the Tate Museum in London that are of "The Tempest" are cool, or maybe I just like them because I was at the Tate... But unfortunately I can't remember seeing these particular paintings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home