Alicia's Blog

Hi! My Name is Alicia and this blog is for my English 1100 class at Western Michigan University.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Authors Den

I looked at the "Authors Den" Website, which showed quite a few more poems about war. I liked the "A Date To Remember" poem because it made you think about the wars in our past and how they effect the war today. The poem talks about "the war to end all wars" but how it didn't really end it, and it questions if war will ever end. I think that question is a good one--- and the answer should be obvious, but I guess some people do not agree otherwise it would have stopped by now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Allen Webb said...

World War I was supposed to be "the war to end all wars." Alas, it was not to be. I think the poem you selected has that in mind, and makes a comment on the fact that we are STILL at war.

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home