Alicia's Blog

Hi! My Name is Alicia and this blog is for my English 1100 class at Western Michigan University.

Monday, October 16, 2006

Poets Against War

I looked at the "Poets Against War" website, and found quite a few interesting poems about the protesting of war through the thoughts of poems. War Zone, was one that stuck out to me because the author, Camilla Flintermann, is right-- Children will again be victims. This poem discusses how children see things they should not be exposed to, and I believe this is true. Reality is something that needs to be taught to children, but I do not think that showing them certain parts of the war is the right way to show them. You see enough things as an adult that you don't want to see, so why ruin childrens minds?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home